Usage of integrated browser view

Usage of integrated browser view

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 15, 2007#1

Is there a way to open the browser preview in a separate tab?

Now it replaces the edited file in the same tab, and I can't see how to change this. If it's designed to work this way, the feature is quite useless. It's better to launch an external browser, as I did so far. But if it's designed to work this way, then what's the purpose of 'Refresh browser view' command?
    If I can't have an edit and preview at the same time, I may need to refresh the browser view only if I edit the file in another editor. But to use another editor along with UE ... ???

Another thing is that some scripts do not work in the internal browser, and most form elements are disabled (like you can't type in text fields inside a form), so it can be used merely to check the page visual layout.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 16, 2007#2

Open your HTML file and use Windows - Duplicate Window. Then use Window - Tile Vertical or drag & drop (depends on setting for docked or not docked file tabs) to get one window arranged above the other. Now use View - Toogle Browser View for upper or lower window.

You have now in one window the source code and in the other the browser view. With CTRL+TAB (and/or CTRL+SHIFT+TAB) you can switch between the 2 windows and now View - Refresh Browser View makes sense (best with a hot key).

Note: You have not to save the HTML file before refreshing the browser view.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 19, 2007#3

Thank you Mofi, this way it works!

though it's still too inconvenient for a regular use. 3 commands to open it are too much, and if there are other tabs opened, clicking the tab for which there is an opened preview brings to front only one of the windows - either the code or the preview. Finding the other is quite a headache. So the idea is very good but the implementation is not yet, it's still a lot faster to open an external browser.
        I hope this will be improved in a way that a single command is required to open a separate preview window, and clicking the file tab will bring both code + preview on top of other windows.