Question about command Comment Add for HTML/XML

Question about command Comment Add for HTML/XML

NewbieNewbie

Feb 28, 2007#1

I'm totally new to UE and loving it, but am puzzled about the Comment Add feature. I think I've read the relevant sections of the Help file, the FAQ and the Manual on this, and my forum searches didn't yield the answer, and so I am still a little unclear on something.

Will UE Studio '06 support adding an HTML comment right off the bat? I've identified my document as HTML in "View->View As->HTML", and I've looked at Syntax Highlighting, and at my HTML word file, and it seems that the functionality is enabled by default, although I'm still coming up to speed on how this all works. Yet the "Comment Add" feature is still grayed out when I attempt to use it for a given line that I have highlighted.

If I need to go through some detailed steps, it would be great if someone could point me to where this is documented, assuming it is, ideally with examples, so that I don't have to spend a ton of time getting up to speed on this feature.

UE is a totally fantastic tool, probably one of the best or the best I've ever seen, but the documentation could be a bit more detailed or explicit in this area (for UE newbies anyway).

Hoping that I don't have to create a new word file or edit an existing one for this.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 28, 2007#2

For a one click or one key hit solution see similar CSS add/remove comment button greyed out.

There is a fourth method for HTML: At Configuration - Toolbars / Menus - HTML Toolbar you can create a "Comment Selection" item for the HTML toolbar.

By the way: Default taglist.txt contains in the tag group "HTML - Tags" already the tag for inserting a comment with <!-- -->.

Edited on 2010-03-02: Starting with UltraEdit v16.00 there are the commands Edit - Comment Selection and Edit - Uncomment Selection to insert/remove block comment on/off strings on the current selection.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria