Any way to add a graphicly line prior to a function call?

Any way to add a graphicly line prior to a function call?

NewbieNewbie

12:35 - Mar 28#1

I use 2 editors all day long.  My other editor has a feature where on the key word "function", it adds a virtually line before each function. As I get older, I like to see the line breaks.  Currently, I add //-------------, which is very old school, can this be done virtually in the syntax file or somewhere?

Can this be done in UE?

//---------------------------------------------
    function fun1() {
    print 'hello world';
    }
    function fun2() {
    print 'hello world';
    }
    function fun3() {
    print 'hello world';
    }

Grand MasterGrand Master

16:16 - Mar 28#2

UltraEdit does not support showing text in a document window like a comment line which does not exist in the displayed text file. The syntax highlighting supports only the definition of color and font style for text found in an opened file, not for graphical elements.

It is possible to get a page break (usually the control character form-feed) stored in the file displayed as thin horizontal black line.

PS: I have such comment lines really in my C/C++ files:

Code: Select all

// === FunctionName ======================================================================================

//! \brief Short Doxygen description for the function.
      //!
      //! \param[in]  iInputParaName    Short Doxygen description for the input parameter if there is one
      //! \param[out] iOutputParaName   Short Doxygen description for the output parameter if there is one
      //! \return                       Short Doxygen description for the return value if there is one
      //!
      //! Full Doxygen description for the function, its input and output parameters and its return value.
      //! Many functions have only a brief Doxygen description, especially functions used only internally.

// Standard comments for the function not included in documentation generated by Doxygen if
      // such additional comments are needed for better understanding the function and its usage.

bool ClassName::FunctionName(const int iInputParaName, int& iOutputParaName) const
      {
          // Function code with standard comments.
          return false;
      }
      The usage of smart templates and small scripts help a lot on creating a new function with comments.

Do you know the code folding feature of UltraEdit with additional customizable display of vertical lines for indents?

The function list also helps a lot finding a function quickly in a source code file.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria