AutoHotKey and comment buttons

AutoHotKey and comment buttons

NewbieNewbie

Sep 12, 2023#1

I am working on a big AutoHotKey 2 macro script, and debugging it. I would like to use UEStudio's line and block commenting features for this (very time-saving).

I have a new Ribbon Group and put these function buttons in there, but when I select a line or block in the AutoHotKey 2 macro, they stubbornly stay grayed out. Authotkey does support commenting either by semicolons at the beginning of the line, or block comments with /* and */. Is this a bug, a feature lack, or do I just not know how to tell UEStudio that it's OK to use those buttons in a .ahk file? Thanks for any thoughts.
    UEStudio-Commenting.jpg (20.45KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 12, 2023#2

Is the AutoHotkey macro file edited in UEStudio syntax highlighted by using a wordfile containing the line and block comment definitions for the syntax highlighting language applied to AutoHotkey macro files according to the extension?

In the status bar at bottom of the UEStudio main application window is shown in the sixth box between the box with the character encoding and the box with last modification date the syntax highlighting language applied to active file at current position of the caret. No highlighting means no syntax highlighting applied. There is by default no syntax highlighting wordfile installed for AutoHotkey. A user contributed the wordfile ahk.uew for syntax highlighting AutoHotkey files with file extension ahk. Open Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Syntax highlighting, click on button Add / remove languages, scroll to language AutoHotkey, check that syntax highlighting language and close the dialog window with a click on X to add the wordfile for syntax highlighting AutoHotkey files. The commands to add/remove a line or block comment on a selection should work with syntax highlighting enabled for ahk files.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 12, 2023#3

Thanks, Mofi!

I've been using UEStudio for many years, and everything I've opened in it that needed syntax highlighting showed syntax highlighting. CSS, HTML, whatever. I had no idea that this capability was within UEStudio. It took me long enough to figure out how to figure out how to add those buttons to the ribbon. (I've never had to tweak UEStudio before, it just works.)  It would have taken me longer to learn how to add additional syntax highlighting.

Thanks again!