Can't uninstall UEStudio or UltraEdit

Can't uninstall UEStudio or UltraEdit

NewbieNewbie

Sep 26, 2006#1

It first started with UEStudio. I installed it the trial, was having some second thoughts and tried to uninstall it. Control panel - uninstall programs - UEStudio. Nothing happens so I kept on playing with it. After discovering some 'Oh, I have got to have this' features I went ahead and purchased UEStudio. Now I can't uninstall either UEStudio or UltraEdit. Don't really see a need for both even though I have purchased both but am stuck with both. This happens on both my home machine and work machine*

*boss swears by UltraEdit and purchased copies for all of us geeks. I'm happy to say that I discovered UltraEdit years before he did!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Can't uninstall UEStudio or UltraEdit

Sep 26, 2006#2

Have you in the meantime installed IE7 RC1? Yes, see SETUP Problem.

Solution: Download latest UES or UE installation package - the one you want to uninstall now. Run the setup and install it over your existing UES or UE installation. Then run the setup again to uninstall it.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 02, 2006#3

Slow response [been a 'tad' busy] but that sounds like the issue on both computers. Downloading the latest version of Ultra___ hasn't cured the problem but having both on my computer won't kill me.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 02, 2006#4

Please contact IDM support by email - see top of the page. The uninstall with the new installer should work. Maybe IDM has only fixed the Install.exe, but not the Uninstall.exe.

I know how to uninstall manually, but I can't write a general instruction how to make a manual uninstall because it depends on the options you used during installation and contains many individual paths.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria