Can't save results of comparison of two large text files with UC v18.00 (fixed)

Can't save results of comparison of two large text files with UC v18.00 (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 27, 2018#1

Hi,

I'm new to UltraCompare but find it very useful!
    I'm comparing two large text files (+500k rows and +250k rows) and the comparison works great!
    However, I can't find a way to save the results to a new file.
    The button Save merge changes is grayed out.
    If I try Save Plain text result I get a file that looks good in the beginning, but half way through it just contains the same row over an over again.
    If I try to Copy active frame contents to clipboard application becomes unresponsive forever.
    Tried both 32- and 64-bit versions.
    I use Windows 7/ 4 core/ 8 GB RAM.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Johan

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 28, 2018#2

Last weekend I compared to Windows registry exports with about 110 MiB per file and UltraCompare v18.00.0.86 failed to save plain text result as well as selecting all differences in one file pane on pressing Ctrl+A after switching display to show just differences. It looks like this is a bug of UltraCompare v18.00 with UltraEdit core for text editing panes.

My workaround was to restore UC v17.00.0.29 from my archives, run the text comparison with this older version from last year and saved the plain text result with this UC version respectively copied just differences via clipboard to UltraEdit.

Please report this bug by email to IDM support as I have done also today.

Update: This issue was fixed with UltraCompare Professional for Windows v18.10.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 01, 2018#3

Got hold of a copy of UC version 17 and now everything works as expected.