Cloud Sync

Cloud Sync

18:01 - Jun 25#1

I know cloud sync ended, but is it coming back?  There have been at least a couple of updates since the EOL date, but I can still toggle it on and off.  It doesn't work, but if it's not available, why can I open the tab?  Makes me think it's going to be replaced with something new?  I also Cloud Sync still listed as a "feature" on the website.

Grand MasterGrand Master

5:31 - Jun 28#2

The Cloud Services with the Cloud Sync feature are still available in UltraEdit for Windows v2024.0 as far as I know although I cannot use that feature as my life-time license without subscription plan does not permit its usage which is no problem for me a s I don't need that feature at all. If you ended the subscription plan, you should see an appropriate information in the Cloud Services window.

It is possible to disable the Cloud Services feature by doing following on using 64-bit UltraEdit on 64-bit Windows or 32-bit UltraEdit on 32-bit Windows:
      1. Open a command prompt window as administrator.
      2. Run the following command line:

Code: Select all

%SystemRoot%\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\Software\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit" /v CloudServicesOFF /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
      3. Start or restart UltraEdit. The Cloud Services command in ribbon respectively main menu is disabled now.
      On using 32-bit UltraEdit on 64-bit Windows do following:
      1. Open a command prompt window as administrator.
      2. Run the following command line:

Code: Select all

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\Software\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit" /v CloudServicesOFF /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
      3. Start or restart UltraEdit. The Cloud Services command in ribbon respectively main menu is disabled now.
      There is executed explicitly 32-bit reg.exe resulting in registry redirector of Windows becoming active for adding the registry value to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit where 32-bit UltraEdit is searching for this registry double word value on startup on 64-bit Windows also because of the registry redirector.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria