Cloud Sync Unavailable

Cloud Sync Unavailable

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 11, 2020#1

How do I switch off this "advertisement"? UE should determine I don't have the latest version of Windows 10 and then not show the panel.

It was shown when I initially upgraded to UE 27.00.0.54 a few days ago, and again just now. I closed the panel, shut down UE and restarted it. The Cloud Sync panel did not reappear. But that could just be a "same-day", or every few days situation.

I will open UE in a few days from now to see if the Cloud Services panel stays shut off.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 11, 2020#2

It is not really clear for me what you are talking about. However, the Cloud Services view is like the other views of UltraEdit and so can be configured to be not displayed at all, or be displayed in a floating or docked window with auto hide enabled or disabled on being configured as docked view.

In ribbon mode the visibility of the Cloud Services view can be toggled by clicking on ribbon tab Layout on check box item Cloud Services.

In toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus the visibility of the Cloud Services view can be toggled by clicking in menu Layout on menu item Cloud Services.

In toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus the visibility of the Cloud Services view can be toggled by clicking in menu View in submenu Views/lists on menu item Cloud Services.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 16, 2020#3

I have the same issue. I occasionally get a panel opening up on the right side telling me Cloud Services are not available. I am not using Cloud services and don't intend to. The Cloud Services checkbox in Layout is already unmarked, but it still shows up.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 17, 2020#4

The Cloud Services view is always displayed on first start after upgrading to UltraEdit for Windows v27.00. It does not matter if the Cloud Services feature can be used at all. Users of UltraEdit v27.00 which don't need this feature introduced with v27.00 or can't use this feature because of missing support by operating system can simply click on symbol X of this view to toggle off its visibility and that's it.

So what are your problems with getting a view displayed on first start after an upgrade to let users know about this feature?

Isn't it useful for you to know that this feature is not available for you because of missing support by operating system?

I have not yet seen the view displayed after I toggled off the view.

Please note that multiple layouts exist and so on using multiple layouts, the Cloud Services view must be toggled off once per used layout.

Please report the issue to UltraEdit support by email if the Cloud Services view is displayed automatically although Cloud Services  is unchecked on ribbon tab Layout.

Please note further that there is also an item Cloud Services on ribbon tab Home. This item can be also clicked to toggle visibility of Cloud Services.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria