Color picker doesn't pick up color in UltraEdit v24.xx

Color picker doesn't pick up color in UltraEdit v24.xx

NewbieNewbie

Dec 21, 2017#1

In my previous version (22.xx from 2014?) the color picker could pick up a color in HTML/CSS files (at least if not UTF-8), but since I upgraded to 24.20 it doesn't work at all anymore.

As you can see in my screenshot UE scans the color correct (the yellow) when hovered, but once the value is selected and I choose "Insert color" from context menu or keyboard shortcut it is not inserted in the popup dialog. It still shows the #252525 from last time. Same behavior with RGB color format.

It may sound silly, but this is a complete disaster for me! As a web developer I do this hundreds of times a day.

colorpicker.png (10.63KiB)
    Select Color dialog showing not selected color

Has anyone noticed this behavior or is able to reproduce it?

Windows UltraEdit 24.20 (64-bit) | Classic Menus

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 22, 2017#2

Unfortunately you are absolutely right.

On having #RRGGBB selected in a Unicode encoded HTML/CSS file in UE v22.20.0.49 or v23.20.0.43 on opening Select Color dialog, the selected color value is ignored and displayed is the color as last time used. But the selected color value is recognized on opening Select Color dialog and appropriate color is displayed in the dialog if the file is not Unicode encoded on using UltraEdit prior v24.00.

But with the change of UltraEdit for Windows to a full Unicode aware application with v24.00, any file loaded is in memory Unicode encoded even the files being ANSI encoded. As a result the feature showing the color according to selected color value on opening the Select Color dialog does not work for any file independent on encoding since UE v24.00.

Please report this issue to IDM support by email. I do the same to increase the priority for fixing this issue. You might get a private user verification build before release of next hotfix version or next major release if you add the information that this feature is extremely important for you.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 22, 2017#3

Thanks for your confirmation on the issue.
        I filed a detailed bug report.