Configuration/session option changes are not saved. Can anyone confirm this as a bug?

Configuration/session option changes are not saved. Can anyone confirm this as a bug?

NewbieNewbie

Dec 04, 2021#1

Configuration -> File Handling -> Session options

I was playing around a bit and unchecked all options here. Later I decided this is not the behavior I want UE to perform. So I tried to enable all options again.

Whatever check box I check here,  the setting is lost when I restart UltraEdit.
    Other changes I make to configuration do survive a restart of UE. So that's not the issue.

session_options.png (17.35KiB)
    Session options as displayed in configuration window

Only a pull of old settings from the Cloud Sync (where these options were enabled) fixed the problem for me. 

I'm running the currently latest version of UE.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 04, 2021#2

I am using 32-bit UltraEdit for Windows v28.20.0.92 and cannot reproduce such an issue. The session options are always saved as currently configured in the configuration on exit and reloaded on next start. I don't use the cloud sync feature and there is configured to store the configuration settings in the INI file as by default and not in registry as it is optionally also possible.

I suggest to close all running instances of UltraEdit and open in Windows File Explorer the folder %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\vod. If there are ue1.* files in addition to the ue.* files, then delete the ue1.* files (volatile workspace files for second instance).

All session options are stored in the file %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\ue.ini by UE v28.20.0.92 as follows:
      • Reload files previously open on startup
        checked ... [Open Files] with Remember Files=1 or the entire section [Open Files] is missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
        Not checked ... [Open Files] with Remember Files=0
        • to saved files
          checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to saved files=1 or this setting is missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
          Not checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to saved files=0
        • to unsaved "Edit" files
          checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to unsaved files=1 or this setting is missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
          not checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to unsaved FTP files=0
      • Reload FTP files when reloading a project or last open files
        checked ... [Settings] with Reload FTP Files=1 or this setting is missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
        not checked ... [Settings] with Reload FTP Files=0
        • Remember and reload unsaved changes to FTP files
          checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to unsaved FTP files=1 or this setting missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
          not checked ... [Settings] with Reload changes to unsaved FTP files=0
      • Open from Explorer also opens files list
        checked ... [Settings] with Open from Explorer also loads file list=1 or this setting missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
        Not checked ... [Settings] with Open from Explorer also loads file list=0
      • Discard unsaved "Edit" files with no prompt on application close
        checked ... [Settings] with Prompt to save Edit files=1
        Not checked ... [Settings] with Prompt to save Edit files=0 or this setting missing in ue.ini as that is the default.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria