Context sensitive hint (help window) -- how do you turn it off?

Context sensitive hint (help window) -- how do you turn it off?

NewbieNewbie

Mar 26, 2019#1

UltraEdit 26 added that help dialogue that pops up at the bottom, I've looked through all the options and can't find where to turn the dang thing off. It sometimes won't go away no matter how I click it... and it doesn't have a corner X to close it. It loves to pop up right over top some code I'm trying to read.  :-P

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 27, 2019#2

I find it always curios that users of an application ask how to turn off a message which could be answered by themselves on reading at least once this message.

turn_off_show_hints.png (3.9KiB)
      Turn off showing hints

There is Turn these off which once clicked results in closing the window and saving in INI file of UE/UES in section [Settings] the entry Show Hints=0 on next exit of UltraEdit/UEStudio which prevents getting displayed this hint window ever again. The hints can be turned off also by clicking in ribbon mode on question mark symbol (white question mark in blue circle) at top right edge of main application window and click next on menu item Show hints. In toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus the same menu item exists in menu Help. The menu item Show hints is currently (UE v26.10.0.14) not available in menu Help on using traditional menu.

Or do you mean a different window?
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Mar 27, 2019#3

Well, that would be because I don't get those prompts in the messages I've seen, but thanks for the settings deal.