Editor - Selected Text - Foreground Color

Editor - Selected Text - Foreground Color

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 14, 2023#1

I just upgraded to UE 2022 and noticed that the foreground color for selected text does not display the same as my previous version.

In previous version, all the selected text was the same color, the one set in Manage Themes >  Editor > Selected Text > Foreground Color

Now only some of the text uses that color and other seems to use the foreground setting from the "Syntax" group.

I wonder if this is by design, a bug or am I missing something?

If by design, is there some way to deal with this other than changing all my foreground colors to something visible when on the selected background color?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 15, 2023#2

That is a feature introduced with UltraEdit for Windows version 2022.1 as it can be read at the moment on the page UltraEdit latest changes having in the list:
      • Syntax highlighting parser overhaul (Code highlighting data abstracted from editor, improving performance and resolving issues)
        • Syntax highlighting maintained when selecting
      I don't like this enhancement like you and requested for that reason one more enhancement to make this feature user customizable via a configuration setting. I have installed already not public available first release candidate of UltraEdit for Windows version 2022.2 which has the configuration setting Disable syntax coloring in selections at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Syntax highlighting. I enabled in UE v2022.2.0.26 RC1 this setting and it results definitely in the highlighting of selections in syntax highlighted files as prior version 2022.1.

Update: UltraEdit for Windows version 2022.2.0.34 with the additional configuration settings was released 2023-01-19.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 15, 2023#3

Thanks for the info, great news!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 21, 2023#4

UltraEdit for Windows v2022.2.0.34 and UEStudio v2022.2.0.34 are released which have the configuration setting Disable syntax coloring in selections at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Syntax highlighting.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria