Enable spell as you type via button or keyboard shortcut

Enable spell as you type via button or keyboard shortcut

NewbieNewbie

Nov 27, 2018#1

Spell as you type feature is useful but in big files slows down everything, so I enable it only if needed.
    UltraEdit 25.20.0.88 (currently latest version) lacks the ability to enable/disable spell as you type without entering advanced configuration.
    In previous version I was able to add a button at the toolbar and associate a hotkey. 
    How can I do it now?
    Bye,

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 27, 2018#2

It is possible to assign a hotkey or chord (multi-key) to command Spell as you type to toggle this feature by key. Open Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Key mapping, scroll down in Commands list to Spell as you type and select this command, set with a mouse click the caret into field below Press new (multi-)key, hit the key combination to use in future to toggle this feature and click on buttons Assign and OK to set this hotkey assignment and exit configuration with saving modified key mapping.

It is true that command Spell as you type is available neither in ribbon nor in toolbar customization dialog. So this command cannot be easily added to a custom ribbon tab or a customized toolbar although I suppose it would be possible using a method similar to Manual customization of command OEM Character Set. Therefore I suggest to write an enhancement request email to IDM support which requests adding command Spell as you type to ribbon and toolbar customization dialogs to be able to add this command to a custom ribbon tab or a customized toolbar as it was possible prior UltraEdit for Windows v23.00 introducing the ribbon interface. I have already done the same. The more users request an enhancement the higher becomes its priority for implementation.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 27, 2018#3

Thanks again Mofi!
        I was able to associate a keyboard shortcut to this command.
        I also wrote to IDM requesting the possibility to add this command to the toolbar.
        Have a nice day.