'Escape' key no longer closes certain dialog popups (fixed)

'Escape' key no longer closes certain dialog popups (fixed)

Sep 30, 2019#1

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure UltraEdit so that the 'Esc' key will close certain dialog popups (more specifically, that the 'Esc' key will trigger the dialog box default 'No' button).  In prior versions of UE, I was able to close the "Continue search from other end of file" popup by pressing the 'Esc' key, but now in version 26.20.0.6 this is no longer working.  Instead now, when I press 'Esc', I get a different popup titled 'Abort Operation' with text "Do you want to abort the current operation?".

Traditionally most other programs work such that the 'Esc' key triggers the default 'No' button on a dialog popup... and I am subconsciously trained now to press 'Esc' to quickly close these boxes.  I'd really like to be able to close the "Continue search from other end of file" dialog, and any/all other dialog popups, by pressing the 'Esc' key.

Thanks in advance!
    scrnshot_2.png (2.09KiB)
    Instead, this dialog now pops open
    scrnshot_1.png (2.26KiB)
    Can't close this with 'Esc' key anymore

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 02, 2019#2

When the prompt window in screenshot one appears and I press ESC, the window is closed, but next is opened the prompt window as shown in screenshot two on using UltraEdit for Windows v26.20.0.6.

But I have installed already a newer version of UltraEdit, the non-public user verification build v26.20.0.26. This version does not show the prompt window to cancel find operation after closing the message prompt to continue search from other end of file with pressing key ESC. So this issue is fixed already, but the new version of UltraEdit with this fix is not yet released public by IDM Computer Solutions, Inc.

I don't know when IDM Computer Solutions, Inc. releases the next hotfix version of UE for Windows v26.20. Please contact IDM support by email and ask for latest UVB (user verification build) if this issue is so annoying for you that you cannot wait for release of next public hotfix version.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 02, 2019#3

Thank you for testing it out & confirming Mofi, I appreciate it!  You are correct in the analysis.  I'm glad to hear the issue appears fixed in an updated version; I will contact IDM via email as you suggest and see about getting the latest build.

Cheers!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 22, 2019#4

This issue is fixed with UltraEdit for Windows v26.20.0.46 released on 2019-10-17.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 22, 2019#5

Downloading the update right now!  Thanks again!