File dialog boxes NOT opening when using high-contrast Windows 10 1809 theme with UE v25.20.0.72 x64 (fixed)

File dialog boxes NOT opening when using high-contrast Windows 10 1809 theme with UE v25.20.0.72 x64 (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Apr 26, 2019#1

Greetings,

I occasionally need to use Windows 10's high-contrast ("classic") theme because of sight impairment, which strips a lot of visual elements from the user interface generally, e.g.:

So when in high-contrast mode, I'm experiencing an issue I've never seen in any other program: no file dialogs appear when trying to open/save as a file. If I use the menu to either click on or press the hotkeys to use open (Ctrl+O) and save as (F12), nothing happens. No error message, just a return of the focus to the editor window. If I use the quick open (Ctrl+Q) method, the browse button therein opens the "select file" dialog, but I can only select one file which isn't practical. I'm a bit new to UltraEdit, but I've searched the web regarding to this issue without luck, and couldn't find any configuration settings that might help.

If I switch back to a standard, non–high-contrast Windows theme everything works perfectly — I don't even need to restart UltraEdit for open/save as to work normally again.  😵

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks for any input, happy editing.W

NewbieNewbie

May 03, 2019#2

I am facing a very similar issue with UE 26.00.0.72 on Windows 10 x64 release 1803. I have reported it to IDM support. The steps to reproduce are as follows:
      1. Open a new UE instance, which opens with a blank file Edit1.
      2. Close the blank file using either Ctrl+F4 or using the x button on file tab.
      3. Try to open a file using either Ctrl+O or using the open button on UE window title bar.

May 04, 2019#3

IDM responded to my email, mentioning that UE 26.10 has fixed this bug. There was also released UE 26.00.0.74 shortly before release of UE 26.10 with a fix of this bug.