Find String List view not closed anymore on pressing ESC with UE 2022.0.0.70 (fixed)

Find String List view not closed anymore on pressing ESC with UE 2022.0.0.70 (fixed)

Mar 28, 2022#1

Hello,

I use List lines containing string feature all the time.
    ESC doesn't dismiss the results anymore after updating to 64-bit version 2022.0.0.70 of UltraEdit for Windows this morning. It does when focus is on the editor itself.
    If this is intentional behavior, is there a setting to get the old behavior?

Kind regards,
    Christiaan

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 28, 2022#2

I am quite sure that the missing ability to close the view Find String List with the key ESC on this view having the input focus is not an intentional change. It looks like that feature was overlooked on re-coding the views as it was definitely done for UltraEdit for Windows version 2022.0.0.70. So it would be good to report this issue as soon as possible by email to support of UltraEdit or using the technical support form to get this issue fixed as soon as possible in a future public published hotfix version (or a private user verification build  you get from support by email on issue being fixed by a developer).

It is still possible to toggle the visibility of the view Find String List with the hotkey or chord (multi-key assignment) assigned manually to the command Find string list in the Key mapping configuration dialog. You could assign a hotkey or chord to this command and make use of that hotkey/chord to close (or show) the window of the view Find String List as workaround until the issue is fixed in a future version. I use since many, many years Alt+Shift+G for toggling the visibility of this view.

ATTENTION: Do not assign the key ESC to the command Find string list. This key is used in many windows, not only in the view window Find String List. Therefore it would be a very bad idea to assign ESC as application wide hotkey to toggle the visibility of the view Find String List.

Apr 09, 2022#3

This issue is fixed with UltraEdit for Windows v2022.0.0.94 and UEStudio v2022.0.0.94 released 2022-04-07.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria