Getting rid of project/file tabs

Getting rid of project/file tabs

NewbieNewbie

Apr 30, 2005#1

Howdy,

I am a new user to UE and am having problems finding out how to get rid of the project/file tabs by default. I would also liket to be able to have the default edit window open maximized in the program (but not the program itself maximized).

Essentually, I would like UE to open by default to something similar to notepad or other text editors. If I need the other functionality, I want to access it optionally.

I am sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the info.

Thank you,

dabbink

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 01, 2005#2

Project/file tabs: look at menu View - Views/Lists and check out Advanced - Configuration - General - Project Menu on Main Menu (second item).

Default edit window open maximized: UE remembers the edit window state on exit. If the edit window(s) is(are) maximized on exit, on next start of UE also the opened file or new edit window is maximized. If no edit window is maximized on exit, the new edit window will also not be maximized at next start of UE. There is no option to change this.

Not really understand your last question. Do you want to castrate UE to something stupid like Notepad? I hope not!
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

May 03, 2005#3

I found my solution.

You are correct in that UE remembers how it was closed (maximized, etc). But my uedit32.ini file was screwed up somehow and not remembering any changed settings. The bad uedit32.ini was 972 KB in size. The normal size is around 17 KB.

By killing the file and restarting UE, I was able to solve the issue.

Thanks for the help.

dabbink