Groovy plugin

Groovy plugin

NewbieNewbie

Sep 28, 2006#1

Hello,

I am working with groovy scripts and I saw on codehaus site that there is a plugin to edit and run scripts on UltraEdit.

Somebody knows where can I get that plugin for UltraEdit?

Thanks!

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 29, 2006#2

Its not really a plugin for UE but just a config in your tools menu. See groovy site for more details

http://groovy.codehaus.org/UltraEdit+Plugin
      A source of incoherent bullshit since 1986

Power UserPower User

Current state of Groovy-Integration

Jan 11, 2018#3

Using another software I stumbled about "Groovy". I want to ask about the current state of Groovy usage in UE 24.10.0.35?

Help files contains no info, the old posting from 2006 above links to a dead page.
        UE 26.20.0.74 German / Win 10 x 64 Pro

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 13, 2018#4

Peter, I suppose the Groovy plugin for UltraEdit was mainly a syntax highlighting wordfile for Groovy as it can be downloaded from User-submitted wordfiles for UltraEdit/UEStudio and an instruction for configuration of one or more user tools to execute active Groovy file.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Jan 14, 2018#5

Thanks Mofi

but - maybe I understand it completely wrong - I would like to know: UE supports JS (not only in writing, but in executing) inside UE. Does UE also supports "Groovy - JS" as scripting inside UE?
            UE 26.20.0.74 German / Win 10 x 64 Pro

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 14, 2018#6

UltraEdit has built-in the JavaScript core library making it possible to execute JavaScript code using only JavaScript core objects and the UltraEdit/UEStudio specific extensions.

The Groovy programming language is based on Java and not on JavaScript. Do not confuse Java with JavaScript. The two programming languages have very different syntax, semantics, and uses. UltraEdit can definitely not interpret Java or Groovy code.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria