Hex 00 converts to Hex 20

Hex 00 converts to Hex 20

NewbieNewbie

May 10, 2005#1

When I am editing files and then saving Hex 00's are being converted to Hex 20's. Is there a configuration change I can make to stop this from happening? I am using Version 8.10a. I have searced the forums and cannot find any information on this problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brian

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 10, 2005#2

From Read.me at v8.10:

- INI option to edit in text mode files containing nulls (HEX 00)

So try this setting:

[Settings]
      AllowZeros=1

At newer versions of UE, this setting is found in the general configuration dialog at one of the last settings. It's called Allow editing of text files with HEX 00's without converting them to spaces.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

May 10, 2005#3

Mofi -

I really appreciate the help! I actually upgraded to V10.20a in June of last year. I just installed that copy and found the setting. Have a great day.

Thanks Again,

Brian

NewbieNewbie

Problem with saving ASCII '00' characters

Oct 11, 2005#4

Hello,

I have a program here that I'm trying to modify.The file contains some hex ascii character '00'.

As soon as I type something in that file, the hex '00' are replaced by hex '20'.

00 00 62 : " b" becomes 20 20 62 : " b"

I looked in the doc and found that it may be related with UNIX file detection and saving in original format... but I didn't succeed in saving the file with proper codes.

I also tried on 2 different UE version (8.20a and 10.00b) and the same behavior is appening on both versions.

Any help would be appreciated!
          Thanks!

Martin

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Problem with saving ASCII '00' characters

Oct 12, 2005#5

In UE v10.00 enable Allow editing of text files with HEX 00's without converting them to space at section Advanced/Problem Solving at the general configuration page. This option is stored in the INI file as:

[Settings]
            AllowZeros=1
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria