How can I ignore specific folder and .db files?

How can I ignore specific folder and .db files?

NewbieNewbie

Sep 13, 2020#1

Hi,

I use UltraCompare application. I have a set of folders with files like c:\test1\test2\test\test.txt (folder inside folder). How can I ignore folder test?

How can I ignore particular folder and particular files, especially .db files?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 13, 2020#2

In ribbon mode click on ribbon tab Home on item Set compare options.
      In toolbar/menu mode click in menu Session on menu item Session properties...

There is in the opened dialog window on right side the group Ignore options with item Ignore folders/file types where must be entered test;*.db to ignore the folder test and all files with the file extension .db. Then click at bottom left corner on button OK and Run.

This folder compare session can be saved for re-use later at any time with the same folder compare options.

It is also possible to configure this Ignore folders/file types option also for all folder comparisons with no special ignore options defined in folder compare session properties. In ribbon mode click on ribbon tab Home on item Settings. In toolbar/menu mode click in menu Options on menu item Configurations.... Navigate to Ignore Options (Default) - Folder/Folder Sync and enter on right side for Ignore folders/file types also test;*.db. Close the Configuration with click on button OK.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 14, 2020#3

Thank you Mofi, it is working fine. But when I run the task from task scheduler, I have seen the test and .db files in output file, Please suggest.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 14, 2020#4

Save the folder compare session with a session name and run UltraCompare with Windows Task Scheduler with the command line option -prf and the session name. The command line options are explained on power tip page UltraCompare command line options.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria