How do you disable zooming on mac?

How do you disable zooming on mac?

14:10 - 17 days ago#1

I'm evaluating to by UC for mac, however, there is an issue that is pretty much a deal breaker. While scrolling up and down, if you touch the cmd key, the text zooms in/out which is very annoying.

I couldn't find any shortcut to disable this on the settings of the OS or the UC itself. Is there some magic secret?
    __Screen Recording 2024-04-12 at 16.08.37.mov (15.44 MiB)   0

Grand MasterGrand Master

17:51 - 17 days ago#2

I do not use UltraCompare for Mac as I don't have a Mac.

The zoom feature with holding the Command key while scrolling up/down seems to be a common feature on Mac as described on Super User question Mac OS X zoom in application with mouse wheel or by the page 4 Ways to Zoom In or Zoom Out on MacBook Pro. That is like pressing Ctrl++ or Ctrl+− (+ and on numeric keypad) on Windows supported by many Windows applications.

UltraCompare for Windows has the configuration setting Disable mouse wheel zoom in Configuration under Application Layout - Advanced. Look for such a configuration setting in Preferences of UltraCompare for Mac and check it on really existing. That setting is for zooming in/out with the mouse wheel but give it a try on really existing also in Preferences of UltraCompare for Mac.

UltraCompare for Windows has also the commands Zoom in (increase font size) and Zoom out (decrease font size) at the bottom of the Commands list of the Key Mapping configuration dialog window. Look in UltraCompare for Mac in Preferences also on the commands list in key mapping window if there are those two commands too. Remove the key assignments if these two commands really exist and have both a hotkey assigned which cause the zoom in/out on pressing Command key while scrolling.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria