How to compare all files of a folder binary byte-by-byte with ignoring file date/time?

How to compare all files of a folder binary byte-by-byte with ignoring file date/time?

Oct 09, 2020#1

I want to compare two folders with binary files. I need to know whether the files are exact the same or not. Every byte should be read and compared. Timestamps should not be considered. The files must be read and compared.

Binary (smart) does not seem to do the job. When the timestamps differ, it marks the files as different.

How do I go about getting UC to read files in a directory  and compare them at byte level.

cheers,

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 09, 2020#2

On using ribbon mode click on ribbon tab Home on first item New compare and select Folder from the pop-up menu. Then click on second item Set compare options.

On using toolbar/menu mode click in menu Mode on item Folder Compare or in menu Session in submenu New Session on item Folder. The click in menu Session on item Session properties.

In the opened dialog window select the first folder to compare for Folder 1 and the second folder to compare for Folder 2, select as compare mode Full (byte-by-byte), check option Ignore timestamp differences, set the other options as you would like them and click at bottom left on button OK and Run.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 09, 2020#3

Thanks. Compare is running. Have to compare 1.5 TB. May take a while! Looks like UC is maxing out the disk transfer rate. 👍

Cheers.