How to configure the HTML toolbar buttons?

How to configure the HTML toolbar buttons?

NewbieNewbie

Feb 18, 2005#1

The Bold button on the HTML toolbar produces <b></b>

How do I change it so that it produces <strong></strong> instead?

Presumably, there's a way to do this for all of the HTML buttons?

Thanks

Basic UserBasic User

May 24, 2005#2

I'm looking for the same thing as Will. I'd like to be able to reconfigure the HTML toolbar so I get <strong></strong> and <em></em> instead of <b></b> and <i></i>. It would also be nice if I could add my own HTML code snippets to the HTML toolbar. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks, Scott

Basic UserBasic User

May 24, 2005#3

I can help you with adding the snippets, sfordin.
        1. Create a User Template with the snippet you want to reuse. Make a note of the number of your User Template.
        2. Right-click the HTML toolbar and select Customize Toolbar...
        3. Find the HTML ToolBar in the left pane, and select the item you want your snippet to follow (you can move them around, so this isn't too critical right now).
        4. Scroll through the Commands in the right pane, and select the User Template you want to insert in the HTML ToolBar.
        5. Click the left arrow between the panes to add the command.
        6. Double-click the name in the left pane, and replace it with your own. You can also assign your own bitmap image to accompany it.
        Alternatively, you can simply create the template (snippet) and display the Template List. I agree wholeheartedly about changing the bold and italic button code, but I may just create my own.

Basic UserBasic User

May 25, 2005#4

Thanks very much for the quick reply, Mary. It's a roundabout way, but it works! The only downside, IMO, is that it uses up some of the finite number of templates, rather than allowing you to modify the toolbar functions directly. For example, I'm also going to modify the ordered and unordered list buttons so the <ul> and <ol> buttons insert linebreaks and indents before the <li> tags. Still, it's good to at least be able to do it one way or another.

I followed your recommendation, and created templates for <strong> and <em>, using the [$replace$] token to enable wrapping of the selected text; for example: <strong>[$replace$]</strong>
          I couldn't locate the B and I icons used by UltraEdit, so I did a screen capture of the HTML toolbar, sliced out the B and I icons, and saved them as bitmaps, which I then pointed to in the Customize Toolbar dialog.

Thanks very much again for your helpful response.

Regards, Scott

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 07, 2006#5

I am trying to change the button toolbar to insert this. But I only get up to the end of ....Ngrey"

Is there any way to increase the size the text associated with the button?

Code: Select all

<input	type="button" tabindex="2" id="xzCC" title="yyyy" class="buttonNgrey" 
            		value="yyyy" 
            		onmouseover="toggleHighLight('m', this.id);" 
            		onfocus="toggleHighLight('f', this.id);"   
            		onblur="toggleHighLight('o', this.id);"   
            		onClick="|"
            		onmouseout="toggleHighLight('o', this.id);">
            Whenever I have to decide between two evils, I always choose the one I haven't tried before. -Mae West

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: How To Configure the HTML Toolbar Buttons in v11?

Feb 07, 2006#6

Is this a multi-line string? This will not work! Maybe with \n as placeholder for CRLF. But I have never tried it for the html button commands.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 08, 2006#7

Thanks
                this worked

- one line - no tabs - \n instead of crlf

this gets me what I want.

<input type="button" tabindex="2" id="xzCC" title="screen sizes" class="buttonNgrey" value="Show Me Screen Sizes"\nonmouseover="toggleHighLight('m', this.id);"\nonfocus="toggleHighLight('f', this.id);"\nonblur="toggleHighLight('o', this.id);"\nonClick="|"\nonmouseout="toggleHighLight('o', this.id);">\n
                Whenever I have to decide between two evils, I always choose the one I haven't tried before. -Mae West