How to detect incorrect cell counts in complex HTML tables?

How to detect incorrect cell counts in complex HTML tables?

Advanced UserAdvanced User

10:35 - Aug 30#1

Hello friends,

I request your help in identifying possible coding errors in our HTML table. In particular, I'm concerned about rows that may have an incorrect number of cells, leading to inconsistencies in the table layout.

To provide more context, I've attached a sample HTML file that demonstrates the problem. The sixth row in the given example has errors, in line number 50 where incorrect cell numbers are used in that row.

I am wondering if it is possible to automate this process using a script like UltraEdit. If so, could you please provide instructions on how to create such a script?

Thank you for your time and expertise. I appreciate your help in solving this problem.
    test_table.zip (559 Bytes)   0

Grand MasterGrand Master

11:29 - Sep 01#2

There must be considered rowspan and colspan on verification of missing table cells according to the example. That means the script must be coded to support true HTML browsing capabilities for tables and their rows and columns for detecting table rows with too many or too few table cells.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

13:40 - Sep 01#3

Hi Mofi,

I'm working on a project that involves processing HTML and XML files. I've attached the scripts I've been using, along with some sample data.

Unfortunately, the XML script isn't functioning as intended. I'm hoping you could help me create a more robust script that can handle both HTML and XML files effectively.

I'd appreciate it if you could provide a script that addresses the issues in my current ones. Thanks for your help!
        table_check_xml_html.zip (5.78 KiB)   0

19:58 - 8 days ago#4

Hello Mofi,

I’m still hoping for your valuable feedback on this topic. Knowing your expertise in XML, HTML, and scripting, I’m confident you can provide valuable insights. Your suggestions could be instrumental in finding a better solution. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Grand MasterGrand Master

5:47 - 2 days ago#5

I have currently neither the time nor the motivation to do a code review and code improvement task for others for free. I could take a while (weeks) before getting time and motivation to do that. I am very busy at the moment with the work for my company.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

3:16 - 1 day ago#6

Hey Mofi,

Thanks for your response. I understand that you're busy at the moment, and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I'll keep this in mind for future requests.

I'll explore other options for getting help with this topic. Thanks again for your understanding.