How to export Textbausteine (German) / smart templates (English)

How to export Textbausteine (German) / smart templates (English)

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 06, 2020#1

Hi!

I want to install the latest version of UE from scratch and only want to transfer my (German) "Textbausteine". Where can I find them? I do not find them in one of the INI files.

Thanks, mtemp

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 07, 2020#2

On using ribbon mode click on ribbon tab Extras on item Einstellungen sichern directly on the graphic symbol or next on first popup menu item Sichern oder Wiederherstellen von Benutzerkonfigurationen on having clicked on the text below the icon.

On using Modus Symbolleiste/Menü with Moderne Menüs open in menu Extras the submenu and Einstellungen sichern click on menu item Sichern oder Wiederherstellen von Benutzerkonfigurationen.

On using Modus Symbolleiste/Menü with Traditionelle Menüs click in menu Extras on menu item Benutzerkonfigurationen sichern/wiederherstellen.

In the opened window check the item Textbausteine and if you want also other items. Then click on button Sichern. In the opened window there is displayed at top into which .uec file (UltraEdit configuration file) all checked user configurations are stored. It is usually the user's Dokumente folder. You could also create two uec files with waiting with a minute between the two clicks on Sichern. The first one with just the Textbausteine and the second one with all configurations files.

Now you can uninstall current version of UltraEdit with using the option to delete also the user's configuration which results in deletion of entire directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit.

After restart of Window to delete also by Windows the shell extension DLLs before sign in, install new version of UltraEdit and start it which creates the entire application data directory for UltraEdit new with all files with default settings. Then use the same window again, select tab Wiederherstellen and use Durchsuchen to select the uec file containing the Textbausteine and click on button Wiederherstellen.

The alternative method is creating a copy of entire folder %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\templates to backup all Textbausteine, then uninstall UltraEdit with deletion of user configuration, restart Windows, install UltraEdit, start UltraEdit, exit it and replace created templates by the backup.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 07, 2020#3

C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\IDMComp\UltraEdit\templates >> UETMPLTE.TPL
        ... was the fastest way. Thanks a lot!