How to jump to next/previous paragraph by hotkey?

How to jump to next/previous paragraph by hotkey?

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 30, 2018#1

Many text editors that I've used have hotkeys to jump to the following or previous paragraph, for example ALT + Up or ALT + Down.

Has UltraEdit also such commands respectively hotkeys?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 30, 2018#2

UltraEdit has also the commands CursorToNextParagraph respectively Position cursor at next paragraph start and CursorToPreviousParagraph respectively Position cursor at previous paragraph start in Commands list in Key mapping configuration dialog depending on used version of UltraEdit for Windows since I'm using UltraEdit which is more than 18 years. The key assignments are customizable for those two commands. The default key assignments are Alt+RIGHT ARROW and Alt+LEFT ARROW.

Alt+UP ARROW is assigned by default to WindowPreviousTabDocument respectively Previous file tab and Alt+DOWN ARROW to WindowNextTabDocument respectively Next file tab.

It is often useful to click on button Show key mapping in editor in Key mapping configuration dialog and look on created file to get knowledge about all hotkeys currently assigned to a command.

Please use forum search and search for example for CursorToNextParagraph to find other forum topics with a list of text cursor/caret moving commands.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 30, 2018#3

Ah! I read this site's Keyboard Shortcut guide and didn't see it. Then, I went to the keyboard mapper section in UltraEdit and looked for it. Apparently I wasn't thorough enough though. I looked under "paragraph" and "jump". I failed to look under "cursor". I've got it now. Thank you!