How to prevent changing the owner of a file on edit with UEStudio with a different account?

How to prevent changing the owner of a file on edit with UEStudio with a different account?

NewbieNewbie

17:16 - 12 days ago#1

Hi,

I have an issue with UEStudio where if I write to a file, it changes the owner of the file.

For example, if I open a file that belongs to user "apache" with my admin username "admin", edit it, then save it, UEStudio changes the file’s owner from "apache" to "admin". Then Apache can no longer read the file because it doesn't have the required permissions.

Is there any way I can stop UEStudio from messing the files ownership details?

Grand MasterGrand Master

7:20 - 12 days ago#2

Yes, this behavior can be changed by disabling the setting Delete original file before saving the file if currently enabled at all and enabling the setting Copy file instead of using rename when creating backup file at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - File handling - Advanced.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

8:24 - 12 days ago#3

Hi Mofi,

Thanks for that - "setting Copy file instead of using rename"  was what did it for me.

The .bak file becomes owned by admin, rather than apache - but that's no biggie.