How to reload UEW files in currently running session?

How to reload UEW files in currently running session?

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 23, 2018#1

Is it possible to have UE reload its wordfiles while UE is running?

I downloaded Mofi's new PHP.UEW file, but I am in the middle of some complicated editing sessions, and finally did something about the empty Function List.

I would like to not have to quit UE just so that the new wordfile becomes actively used.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 23, 2018#2

It could be enough to press key F8 which is assigned by default to Search - Function list (traditional menus) to force a rescan of active file for strings to display in function list.

Do following in case of just pressing key F8 is not enough:
      1. Open Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Syntax highlighting,
      2. click on button Open to open the wordfile for language PHP which should be automatically selected in list box on currently active file being PHP syntax highlighted,
      3. click on button Cancel of configuration window,
      4. insert a SPACE at top of opened wordfile and delete it with key BACKSPACE to make a pseudo modification,
      5. save the "modified" wordfile with Ctrl+S resulting in an immediate parsing of this wordfile by this instance of UltraEdit and applying the "modified" syntax highlighting definition to all opened files highlighted with that wordfile.
      UltraEdit does not search entire file for strings for function list after parsing modified wordfile. This must be triggered by running Search - Function list by pressing key F8.

And changes made on code folding are also not immediately applied to an already opened file after saving wordfile. It is necessary for example to use File - Revert to saved on an already saved syntax highlighted file to trigger parsing the entire file for code folding (and function list strings).

So syntax highlighting features which require parsing/searching an entire file which could be some GBs large are not immediately applied on saving a wordfile edited in same instance of UltraEdit. Just the syntax highlighting changes which are applied to only displayed text are always applied immediately after saving a modification of a wordfile.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 23, 2018#3

Excellent - this worked. Thank you.

I do not want to "Revert to Saved" as that removes all Line Changed indications.