How to remove or move a separator in a toolbar?

NewbieNewbie

Feb 14, 2019#1

I can add separator by dragging and dropping Separator from category Miscellaneous to a toolbar.

I am new to UltraEdit versions above 18. The documentation is no-existent on this particular subject.

Additional information: Windows 7 OS; UltraEdit 25.20.0.166. I use UltraEdit since version 6.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 14, 2019#2

Open the toolbar customization dialog by right clicking on a toolbar and left clicking in context menu on last menu item Customize...

Right click on command symbol right to a separator and click in opened context menu on last item Start Group to toggle it off resulting in getting removed the separator left to the command symbol.

Right click on command symbol on which to insert a separator to the left and click in opened context menu on last item Start Group to toggle it on resulting in getting added a separator left to the command symbol.

Or do you mean ribbon tab which is something completely different to a toolbar?

See the Microsoft Office help page Customize the ribbon in Office on which Microsoft explains the customization of a ribbon tab and the elements on a ribbon tab. The language can be changed at bottom of this page to see the same page in a different language. This page could be helpful for you if you don't know the terms related to ribbon tabs.
      add_remove_separators_on_toolbars.png (72.25KiB)
      Collage of screen shots showing how to remove and add separators on toolbars.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 15, 2019#3

Mofi,

The IDM documentation is unclear & incomplete, & therefore confusing. As a software developer with 35 years of experience, the biggest problem I have with software is the lack of understandable clear documentation for the non-programmers. I worked very hard to convince the companies that I worked for that up front attention to details & complete documentation understandable to a completely new user will save millions in supports costs. All those companies that ignored me are out of business. Clearly IDM has done way better than most companies in many ways.