How to rename a project/workspace?

How to rename a project/workspace?

Nov 20, 2018#1

Hello,

I haven't been using UEStudio for very long and was wondering what the best way of renaming a project would be?

I thought there would be an option under Project Management or Project Settings.

Thanks.
    Hello everyone nice to meet you!,good luck to all !!!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 20, 2018#2

I think, there is no built-in command to rename a project/workspace. But renaming a project/workspace can be done outside UEStudio very easily by renaming two files.

The first file to rename is the project file with file name ProjectName.prj. The storage location of the project file should be well known and is displayed
      • in ribbon mode on ribbon tab Project after clicking in first group Project on down arrow below second item Recent,
      • in toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus in menu Project in submenu Recent,
      • in toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus at bottom of menu Project.
      The second file is the project user interface file of which file name and storage location depend on the configuration settings Save project information for use on multiple systems and Store project user interface (pui) files in profile directory at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - File handling - Advanced.
      1. Save project information for use on multiple systems: unchecked
        Store project user interface (pui) files in profile directory: unchecked
        The project user interface file is stored in same directory as ProjectName.prj and has the file name ProjectName.%ComputerName%.%UserName%.pui.
      2. Save project information for use on multiple systems: checked
        Store project user interface (pui) files in profile directory: unchecked
        The project user interface file is stored in same directory as ProjectName.prj and has the file name ProjectName.pui.
      3. Save project information for use on multiple systems: unchecked
        Store project user interface (pui) files in profile directory: checked
        The project user interface file is stored in directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UEStudio\PUI and has the file name GUID.ProjectName.pui.
        UltraEdit users using this third configuration have to replace in path UEStudio by UltraEdit, i.e. file path is: %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\PUI
      Both configuration settings checked is an invalid configuration and should be avoided by the user.

The ProjectName part in both file names must be modified while the project is not opened in UEStudio to rename the project/workspace.

Then the renamed project can be opened in UEStudio using the Open project command. But I recommend first to click in project recent list of the just renamed project file to get it removed from the list before opening the renamed project file.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria