How to select from the current line to the end of the file?

How to select from the current line to the end of the file?

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 08, 2019#1

It seems I have done this before; I must have. I am at a line in a text file. A line other than the first line. My cursor is at the first column of that line. I would like to "select" from that line all the way to bottom of the file. How do I do that?

I have situations where don't need the wrappers at the top of the file but need everything after that. I think I stumbled on to a combination of key strokes and mouse clicks that did it, but I can't seem to reproduce it.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks.

Power UserPower User

Mar 09, 2019#2

Just press SHIFT+CTRL+END

Cheers...

Frank

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 17, 2019#3

Thanks Frank. I stumbled onto this by accident shortly after I enter this question. Can you tell me where there is a list of these shortcuts in UltraEdit?

Power UserPower User

Mar 17, 2019#4

I think this is a fairly standard key combination, so don't believe it's documented within UltraEdit. The webpage Most used text editing keyboard shortcuts has a list of the commonly used keyboard shortcuts for text editing.

If you are looking for any of the UltraEdit or UEStudio configuration settings, the resident forum genius Mofi maintains an updated list of these here: Help for finding settings in Settings / Configuration

Cheers...

Frank

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 18, 2019#5

Opening Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Key mapping and clicking on button Show key mapping in editor results in getting created and opened by UltraEdit a text file containing all shortcuts assigned to commands of UltraEdit, currently loaded macros and scripts in scripts list. But the general Windows shortcuts like Shift+Home, Ctrl+Shift+Home, Shift+End, Ctrl+Shift+End, ... are not listed in this file.

The key mapping list created by a forum member for UltraEdit 12.00 contains those general Windows shortcuts, too.

I recommend taking a look on Microsoft's documentation Keyboard shortcuts in Windows for such general Windows keyboard shortcuts.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria