How to show "selected" indicator on blank lines that are being selected

How to show "selected" indicator on blank lines that are being selected

NewbieNewbie

Oct 05, 2023#1

I recently upgraded to the latest version from version 14 (yes, I know).

One thing I miss is that in version 14, when I was selecting multiple lines, the blank lines would show that they were being selected. In the new version, they don't. (See below). Is there any way to change this behavior?

Old version:
    2023-10-04_16h37_16.png (2.09KiB)
    New version:
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 163836.png (3.69KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 06, 2023#2

It is interesting what other users of UltraEdit see what I did not recognize. There are not displayed anymore pixels of a selected empty line with a different background color since UltraEdit for Windows version 2022.1 released at end of July 2022 with the syntax highlighting parser overhaul which obviously affects also the highlighting of selected empty lines. There is definitely no configuration setting to change the behavior of the display of selected empty lines.

There can be enabled showing line endings in which case the character representing the line ending is displayed selected on a selected empty line.

Otherwise I can only suggest reporting by email this difference in display of selected empty lines since UltraEdit for Windows v2022.1 to the technical support of UltraEdit, Inc. and request for a future version either the display of selected empty lines as prior v2022.1 or a configuration setting to give a user the choice between current display behavior and former display behavior of selected empty lines.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria