How to unhide hidden lines with code folding for syntax highlighted files not enabled?

How to unhide hidden lines with code folding for syntax highlighted files not enabled?

NewbieNewbie

Apr 14, 2018#1

How to pull this one off:
    • I do a search with Quick find.
    • Then I click the funnel icon in the Quick find bar and all the matches are displayed isolated. Rest of the code is gone.
    • On top of the document is displayed: --- Lines are hidden ---
    • I have code folding disabled (because it annoys me).
    How can I unhide all lines? Is there a shortcut for it?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 14, 2018#2

On using ribbon mode click on tab View in group Hide / show lines on item Expand all.

On using toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus click on menu View on menu item Expand all.

On using toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus click on menu View in submenu Hide/show lines on menu item Expand all.

The hotkey of this command is by default Ctrl+Multiply which is Ctrl plus × on numeric keypad and can be changed in key mapping configuration dialog.

But I think the command Expand all is not working in your configuration in UE v25.00.0.68 as I just found out on reproducing the issue.

There are the two settings Enable show/hide lines and code folding and Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Code folding. You have unchecked either both settings or just first one for code folding on syntax highlighted files.

On using Find with option Filter lines enabled and either Show or Hide selected and executing the Find with button Next, UltraEdit automatically enables both configuration settings and command Expand all works to unhide the hidden lines.

But on using Quick find and clicking on funnel button, only Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files is enabled automatically by UltraEdit if currently not checked in configuration.

But the command Expand all does not work if Enable show/hide lines and code folding is not enabled and just Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files is enabled in configuration. This is a bug in my opinion which should be reported to IDM support by email. The Expand all command should work with just Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files enabled in configuration for exactly this use case.

So there are only the possibilities to
      • enable temporarily in configuration also Enable show/hide lines and code folding for usage of command Expand all or
      • use command Revert to saved on ribbon tab/menu File or from file tab context menu in case of file is not modified.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 18, 2018#3

Woohoo.

As you wrote:
        "But the command Expand all does not work if Enable show/hide lines and code folding is not enabled and just Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files is enabled in configuration. This is a bug in my opinion which should be reported to IDM support by email. The Expand all command should work with just Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files enabled in configuration for exactly this use case."

So my observations weren't that far off. I'm going to email them! 

Thanks again Mofi.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 26, 2018#4

This issue is fixed with UltraEdit for Windows v25.00.0.82 and UEStudio v18.00.0.10.

On usage of funnel button in small Quick find window, the lines not containing the searched string are hidden and configuration setting Enable show/hide lines in non syntax highlighted files is enabled if this setting is currently not checked at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Code folding. A [+] symbol appears now left to each line with hidden lines below making it possible to individually make a block of hidden lines visible again. And the command Expand all executed by pressing Ctrl+Multiply (Ctrl plus × on numeric keypad) makes all hidden lines visible again.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria