How to use column markers and split document area in UE on Mac?

How to use column markers and split document area in UE on Mac?

NewbieNewbie

Aug 14, 2014#1

I've recently switched over to the Mac version of UltraEdit (from Windows), and there are several things that I can't figure out how to do in the new version...

1) I can't figure out how to get a column marker. I like having a vertical line at 100 characters to help me avoid writing lines that are too long and I can't seem to find how to do this on a Mac.

2) I can't figure out how to split the window and get different files in each half of the split.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 24, 2014#2

1. I don't use UltraEdit on Mac and therefore cannot answer the first question as I don't know if UEM supports column markers at all.
      2. See the power tip Drag-N-Drop Split Pane Editing... Vertical/Horizontal Split Window from UltraEdit for Linux power tips section of PowerTips & Tutorials page.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 25, 2014#3

Thanks for the power tip link. That work!!! Though I think it is strange that the split window feature defaults to the same file in both halves.
        TIA

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 26, 2014#4

I asked IDM support by email regarding column markers feature. Column markers are not yet supported by UEM v4.2.0.12.

It should not happen that the same file is displayed twice on splitting the document window area into 2 or more parts to arrange the document windows side by side vertically or horizontally. This does not happen on Windows and should also not happen on Mac according to the screen shots in the power tip.

Are you sure that you have not split a document window into 2 panes instead of positioning two documents side-by-side respectively above-below?

May 16, 2015#5

Column Markers feature was introduced with UltraEdit for Mac v15.0.0.9 released on 2014-11-06.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

May 21, 2015#6

Great, thanks!