Incremental Search and ESC key issue

Incremental Search and ESC key issue

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 09, 2005#1

Hello,

got the 11.00+ version of UE .. and when i use the incremental search function and then try to leave it with the esc key . it doesnt work .. i must krss a cursor key for leaving it.
    Is it a bug or does I have to set an options somewhere?

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 09, 2005#2

It's the [Enter] key, now.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 09, 2005#3

oh ok .. good to know ;) ..

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 10, 2005#4

Is there a way to change it back to Esc? Changing usage like this between versions seems to be a bad idea.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 10, 2005#5

No, but I am sure it was unintended. I actually put in the request a long time ago to allow both [Enter] and [ESC] to work (I prefer [Enter]).

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 11, 2005#6

Both would be good. I don't like enter for that use because my Linux text editor, Nedit, uses enter to search again. Plus, escaping out of a command just makes sense to me.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 11, 2005#7

darn right "esc" out of a command makes sense. If anything, the "enter key" is counter-intuitive as the enterkey in most applications means accept/take the highlighted/default action (which almost never is abort/escape).

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 11, 2005#8

I learned the habit from Vim on linux. It's incremental search allows either Enter or Esc.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 11, 2005#9

Did we get our ESC key back? .. its hard for me to change my yearlong behaviour ;)

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 11, 2005#10

Esc didn't work for me in 11.00b+1. I know: it's tough to change habits.