List of recent files is nested in submenu (solved by added feature)

List of recent files is nested in submenu (solved by added feature)

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jul 04, 2018#1

Previous versions of UltraEdit had the list of recent files in menu File on itself (traditional menu).
    I can see that version 25.10.0.50 has submenus Recently opened files and Recently closed files that goes to the files itself.

nested_recently_opened_files.png (11.44KiB)

Is there a way to revert to previous version mode?

Question is because before change, I could load a file just pressing Alt+F and number of the file on menu (1, 2, 3 ...).
    Now, I have to press Alt+F, i (Recently opened files) and then the number of the file.
    Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 05, 2018#2

The configuration option Recent files list on file menu was removed with UltraEdit for Windows v23.00 after recently closed files list was added with v22.00. The corresponding entry FileListonFileMenu=0/1 in section [Settings] in INI file is no longer read by UltraEdit. So the answer is: no.

BTW: It is possible to open multiple files from recently opened/closed files list since v24.00 on using a pointing device and keyboard as explained by the following lines copied from changes.txt in program files folder of UltraEdit:
      • Select and open multiple files at once from Recently opened / closed files menu
        • New option "Open all"
        • Hold Ctrl and click files to select multiple at once
        • Click "Open selected" to open all checked items
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Jul 06, 2018#3

Thank you, Mofi.

Yes, I tested the "Open all" files option.
        Unfortunately, such option is only available in ribbon mode, not in traditional menu, my favorite user interface mode.
        Curiously, on contemporary menu, there are "Open all" and "Select and open...", but they have no effect. Nothing happens on clicking.
        icon_question.gif (723Bytes)

That's OK.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 08, 2018#4

I have sent an issue report regarding to Open all and Select and open... menu items in menu File on using toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus. It is not possible to select multiple menu items (files) on using classic menu. So I suggested to hide these two menu items in contemporary menu File.

Update: The menu items Open all and Select and open... are removed from contemporary menu File since UltraEdit for Windows v25.10.0.62.

Oct 05, 2018#5

The configuration setting Recent files list on file menu is back with UltraEdit for Windows 25.20.0.88. It can be toggled at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Toolbars / menus - Miscellaneous. A restart of UltraEdit is necessary after toggling this setting and closing the configuration with OK to be applied on menu File in toolbar/menu mode with contemporary or traditional menus. The setting has no effect on File in ribbon mode. The list of Recently opened files is listed in menu File on having this setting checked in configuration. The lists of Recently closed files and Recent projects/workspace remain in submenus.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 05, 2018#6

Good news.
              Thank you, Mofi, for your request to IDM and to bring the news.