Missing possiblity to configure the default "Display and filter options"

Missing possiblity to configure the default "Display and filter options"

Oct 07, 2021#1

Hi!

It would really be helpful if I could save some session properties which I always need to configure manually because they cannot be saved in the general comparison options.
    Screenshot_1.jpg (13.9KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 07, 2021#2

It is possible to save a folder comparison session with all options you want with a session name you like without the two or three folder paths. Then you could use this saved session inside UltraCompare to open a new folder compare session where you have to open just the two folders to compare and all other options are already set as preferred by you without opening the session properties window at all. It is of course possible to create and save multiple folder compare sessions with different settings and good descriptive names to use as templates for a folder compare to execute with manually selected folders.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 07, 2021#3

I know where to save a session, but I am unable to find the possibility to load a saved session. Please inform how to do that. 

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 07, 2021#4

In the future please post which user interface mode is used by you, the ribbon mode or the toolbar/menu mode. That would help me to guide you to the appropriate items.

You have to open the Workspace Manager view by clicking on ribbon tab Layout on checkbox item Workspace manager or in menu View on menu item Show Workspace Manager and select the tab Sessions. Double click on a listed saved session to load it or right click on a saved session and click in context menu on Load Session. The saved sessions can be even organized in groups which is the reason why the saved sessions can be opened only via the Sessions tab of Workspace Manager view.

Well, a saved session can be loaded also with a command line parameter, for example on running UltraCompare from another program without or with full qualified file / folder names to define the options to use.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Oct 08, 2021#5

Found it. Thanks👌