Mouse Hover Function or Class Info

Mouse Hover Function or Class Info

NewbieNewbie

2:30 - Aug 14#1

In Visual Studio Code, if you hover over a function, a pop-up window will display information about the function. Is this possible in UEstudio?

Grand MasterGrand Master

3:36 - Aug 14#2

What type of information for which function do you mean?

There is the IntelliTips feature Function tips at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Auto-complete - ItelliTips - Function tips.

If you mean the information of a Windows library function stored in a help file or online on learn.microsoft.com, you need to add the help file in UEStudio or use the web search feature.

The web search feature can be configured at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Toolbars / menus - Web search. MSDNOnline is already preconfigured whereby the URL changed in the meantime from docs.microsoft.com to learn.microsoft.com. The MSDNOnline search can be run with caret at the beginning or anywhere inside the function name by clicking on ribbon tab Coding in group Search on the Windows logo symbol with the tooltip MSDN Online search. In toolbar/menu mode must be toggled on the visibility of the predefined toolbar Web which has also the Windows logo symbol with the tooltip MSDN Online search.

Adding a help file is done in ribbon mode by clicking on the white question mark in blue circle symbol at top right and clicking on opened popup menu on Add help files and in toolbar/menu mode by clicking in last menu Help on menu item Add help files. Click on button Help in opened dialog window for more details on how to add a *.chm file or a web URL to use on searching for the help/documentation of a library function. There can be configured at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Key mapping a hotkey or chord for the commands User help 1 to User help 6 for opening the appropriate help for a function at current caret position by key.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

4:16 - Aug 14#3

Hi, I understand your comment.
        But it's not what I need. I have a project made with UEstudio ver 2024.0.0.35, and I would like when I click on a function to show me the content of this

Example image
        edit-vscode.jpeg (94.33KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

6:26 - Aug 14#4

UEStudio has no feature to show in a large tooltip window the entire code of the function. But there is the IntelliTips command Find symbol definition in project files (default hotkey Alt+Ctrl+F12) on using IntelliTips or Find symbol in Ctags file (default hotkey F11) on using Ctags as symbol parser to jump to the definition of the function which means opening the file containing the function definition or making this file active on being already opened and setting the caret to beginning of the function. There can be viewed now the entire function and of course also edited if necessary.

The command Go to previous position (no default hotkey) can be used to jump back to the file which contains the function call. I assigned Alt+Shift+LEFT ARROW to this command as I use Find symbol definition in project files frequently with its hotkey and so also the command Go to previous position with the manually assigned hotkey. I assigned further Alt+Shift+RIGHT ARROW as hotkey to command Go to next position in the Key mapping configuration window.

The four commands are all available also on ribbon tabs, menus and toolbars for execution with a pointing device. Let me know which user interface mode is used by you and I tell you where to find the four commands if you cannot find them by yourself.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria