Print file with syntax coloring

Print file with syntax coloring

NewbieNewbie

Aug 09, 2004#1

Hello evryone who can help,

Using the language "SQL" for syntax highligtning I want to know, if it is possible to print these statements with color :?:

greetings from Alsdorf, Germany
    speedy

MasterMaster

Aug 09, 2004#2

From the Help file:

How can I print syntax highlighting?
      From the File menu, select "Print Setup/Configuration" and then "Page Setup". Here you will see an option to "Print Syntax Highlighting".
      Software For Metalworking
      http://closetolerancesoftware.com

NewbieNewbie

Aug 10, 2004#3

:D Thanks, I've searched, found, try and suceed.

Latin: veni, vedi, vici !

NewbieNewbie

Re: Print file with syntax coloring and line numbering

Aug 23, 2004#4

Hi,

Related to this, I'm wondering if there is a way to print the background color selected for the syntax highlighting.

For example, I've set up my block comments to have a light blue background so I can quickly distinguish whatever I've commented out and I'd like to extend this functionality to things I print. I tried the "print syntax highlighting" button and although it did adjust the font colors accordingly, it didn't seem to color the background.

Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to have the line numbers you can turn on and off on the left margin show up in the print out. It would be nice to be able to reference a line in the electronic version then look it up on a hard copy without having to deal with page numbers.

Thanks,
          Matt.

MasterMaster

Re: Print file with syntax coloring and line numbering

Aug 23, 2004#5

mwestlake wrote:Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to have the line numbers you can turn on and off on the left margin show up in the print out
            File > Print Setup/Configuration > Page Setup

Check "Print Line Numbers"

NewbieNewbie

Mar 22, 2006#6

I'm using UE 11.00b+, and syntax highlighting works perfectly on screen, but when I enable the Page Setup to print the syntax highlighting, it prints the entire code of the document in the color of a comment. The header and footer showing the file name and page number is fine, but the code itself is all one color. Does anyone else have this problem?

Jason

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 22, 2006#7

hamx0r wrote:I'm using UE 11.00b+, and syntax highlighting works perfectly on screen, but when I enable the Page Setup to print the syntax highlighting, it prints the entire code of the document in the color of a comment.
                This is a bug of the versions 11.00 to 11.10b.

You have to update to v12.00 or any later (new key required) or v11.20b or v11.20a (for Win98 and you edit also Unicode or UTF-8 files). If you have purchased the licence for v11.xx last year, the update for v12.00 is free. V11.20a or v11.20b is not available anymore in the download area. You have to request the language zip-file for one of these versions by email from IDM support.

Write in the email to IDM support also your registration name and your authorization code and you will get the new key for v12.00 or the zip-file for v11.20a or v11.20b within 24 hours.
                Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria