Remove Empty Lines command

Remove Empty Lines command

Basic UserBasic User

14:33 - Aug 14#1

I'm using the Mac version, and couldn't find a native UE command to remove all empty lines in a file. Does this exists or do I have to use a regular expression? 

Grand MasterGrand Master

16:05 - Aug 14#2

This is a frequently asked question which is answered on the FAQ page. There are the two questions:
      1. How can I delete blank lines in UltraEdit?
      2. How can I delete blank lines with blank tabs/spaces in UltraEdit?
      See also the post Remove / delete blank and empty lines in sticky topic Collection of often needed finds and replaces in files at top of the Find/Replace/Regular Expressions forum.

If the deletion of empty and/or blank lines must be done frequently, it is advisable to create a macro for this regular expression replace all from top of the file with a hotkey/chord assigned to the macro and stored (together with other macros) in a macro file which is configured to be automatically loaded at startup of UltraEdit. Then the empty/blank line deletions can be done always quickly by pressing the hotkey/chord of the macro. It is also possible to create an UltraEdit script with the commands for deletion of all empty/blank lines in a file from the top and add this script to the scripts list with a hotkey/chord assigned to the script for fast execution by key.

PS: I am using only UltraEdit for Windows which has the commands Delete all empty lines and Delete all empty and whitespace-only lines since v24.20.0.44 released 2017-10-11. The two commands are just built-in Perl regular expression replaces as far as I know. I don't know if UltraEdit for Mac has the two commands too. Look into all menus. If the commands cannot be found in any menu of UltraEdit for Mac, then the two regular expression replaces are not yet available in UE for Mac.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria