Revert to Saved does not reload FTP file

Revert to Saved does not reload FTP file

NewbieNewbie

Aug 23, 2018#1

Hi. 
    I recently upgraded from v19.00.0.1031 to v25.10.0.50 and I'm still getting used to the new "layout". When I am running my code at remote locations, I bring the log files back to UE for faster viewing. Under previous version, I could press the "Revert to Saved" button and it would refresh the file for me. It is not working with this new version.

Is there a new setting that I have missed, anyone else having this issue.

Thanks,
    Coram

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 24, 2018#2

You can right click on a ribbon tag and left click in submenu Toolbar/menu mode on Traditional menus to get back the user interface you get used to use. After doing that open View - Views/lists - Toolbars and enable those predefined toolbars which you additionally need for your work.

I connected with 32-bit UltraEdit v25.10.0.50 using the default settings to an SFTP server and opened a file via SFTP using File - FTP/telnet - Open from FTP... (traditional menus). I made a modification on loaded file and used File - Revert to saved and UltraEdit reloaded the file by downloading it once again via SFTP from server after I confirmed to loose all unsaved modifications. The background color of document window changed during the file reload process from SFTP server. Next I made once again a modification in file and uploaded it to the server by pressing Ctrl+S. The background color changed again during upload process. I used a second SFTP access via PuTTY to modify on the server the file still opened in UltraEdit. Then I executed once again File - Revert to saved and UltraEdit reloaded the file from server and I could see the modification made with PuTTY with shell commands.

Conclusion: I can't reproduce a problem with File - Revert to saved on file opened via FTP/SFTP.

I am not aware of any configuration setting which could prevent this command for reloading the file from server. But I have to add that I usually don't use FTP/SFTP feature of UltraEdit.

I suggest to open via Window - Output window (traditional menus) the output window and look on tab FTP Transfers. There is logged any file transfer in current session. It could be also helpful on opening Advanced - Settings or Configuration - FTP and enable setting Show FTP log in output window. That adds one more tab to output window with title FTP Log which could display information being important on this issue.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Aug 24, 2018#3

Thanks Mofi. 

I have my toolbar setup just the way I like it. 

It looks like this issue may be with the 64-bit version? The FTP command is not changing directories, so it can pull the file. Where should I post the output log data?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 24, 2018#4

UltraEdit for Windows v22.20 was the first version which was released as 32-bit and as 64-bit application. I have only seen once a bug which existed only in 32-bit version, but not in 64-bit version. I have never seen a bug existing only in 64-bit version, but not in 32-bit version since UE v22.20. So I am very sure, the architecture of the application does not matter here.

I have opened a file from directory which was configured as initial directory after establishing the connection. I have tested Revert to saved on file loaded via SFTP now also on a file opened from a subdirectory of initial directory and could not see any problem. It works as expected.

You have the choice between two procedures for further processing this issue in case of seeing something in FTP Transfers or FTP Log which you think is caused by a bug of UltraEdit:
          • You copy the log via clipboard into a new post for verification of an UltraEdit user like me with a step by step description on how to reproduce this issue.
          • You send the log data with a step by step description on how to reproduce this issue by email to IDM support for investigation first by IDM support and if it is indeed reproducible later by an UltraEdit developer for fixing the bug. See in help of UltraEdit under list item Sales and Support the help page Technical Support or the technical support webpage of IDM Computer Solutions, Inc.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria