Scrolling on touch screen enabled computers

Scrolling on touch screen enabled computers

Basic UserBasic User

21:33 - Aug 13#1

This is probably a real dumb question but I can't find an answer searching on my own probably because I don't know the correct search term. I have a touch screen enabled laptop and I did something today (i. e. fat fingered) so that now the screen scrolls full pages. It does it in no other application, so I can only assume it's a setting somewhere in UEStudio and I fat fingered the right key combination to enable it. 

How can do I get back normal scrolling?

Grand MasterGrand Master

2:21 - Aug 14#2

Does a restart of UEStudio solve the problem?

No, open Settings on Windows 11, click on left side on Bluetooth & devices, click on right side on Mouse and check the Scrolling settings. Click also on Additional mouse settings and check all settings of the pointing device (touch screen in your case). Then go back to Bluetooth & devices and click on right side Touchpad and verify all the touchpad settings or in your case touch screen settings including all gestures.

If nothing helped or on using Windows 7/8/8.1/10, study the manual of your touch screen or its tutorials and videos, look on which gestures it supports and look if the touch screen software supports application based settings turned on/off with certain finger gestures.

See also the Microsoft documentations Touchpad gestures for your Windows 11 laptop and Touch gestures for Windows.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

2:47 - Aug 14#3

Mofi - I checked the scroll settings and it is set to 3 lines. I restarted UES like you suggested and that changed nothing, I even reset/changed all the available scroll settings and then put them back and still no change. 
        I opened notepad and copied the exact same text that is in a file I have in UES and when I perform the same touch screen gesture in notepad it scrolls 3 lines at a time and not the entire screen. Unless Windows 11 has application specific scroll settings and maybe Win11 does, I would think this is something with UES. I guess I'll have to put in a support request. Maybe I tripped across a not yet available feature or a bug. 

Grand MasterGrand Master

3:53 - Aug 14#4

It is very easy to check if an UEStudio setting makes the difference which I don't think so. Open in Windows File Explorer the directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp. Make sure no instance of UEStudio is currently running. Rename the directory UEStudio to UEStudioBackup. Start now UEStudio which creates the directory UEStudio and uses the default settings. Load the file and scroll on touch screen.

Is there still scrolled the entire screen, then a touch screen setting is responsible for the different scrolling behavior and not UEStudio. Exit UEStudio, delete the just created directory UEStudio and rename back UEStudioBackup to UEStudio.

There is otherwise really an UEStudio setting responsible for the different scrolling with the touch screen. In this case exit UEStudio and compare UEStudio\ues.ini with UEStudioBackup\ues.ini and UEStudio\volatile\ues.vod with UEStudioBackup\volatile\ues.vod. One of the different settings is responsible for the different scrolling. The settings are in most cases self-explaining. Once having found the setting which could make the difference, change it in UEStudioBackup\ues.ini or UEStudioBackup\volatile\ues.vod. Then delete the just created directory UEStudio with the default settings and rename back UEStudioBackup to UEStudio for using again your preferred configuration with the setting responsible for the different scrolling changed back to default.

If the INI file location as shown in UEStudio at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Application layout - Advanced is not %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UEStudio as by default, do the steps above with the INI file directory displayed in UEStudio configuration window.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria