Selected text is no longer selected when docked replace window opened and wrap at window edge enabled

Selected text is no longer selected when docked replace window opened and wrap at window edge enabled

NewbieNewbie

Oct 05, 2018#1

Suppose I would like to replace "A" with "B" in a section of text, not the whole document.
    I do the following:
    • Select the text.
    • Press Ctrl+R to bring up the Replace window.
    • Enter the Find and Replace values and select Selected text.
    The above works fine as long as the Replace window is not docked. When it is docked, the selected text is no longer selected once you press Ctrl+R.

An obvious workaround is to keep the Replace window floating. Is there a trick to getting this to work when it is docked?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 05, 2018#2

I cannot reproduce such a wrong behavior with 32-bit UltraEdit for Windows v25.20.0.88 on Windows 7 x64 using default configuration.

Which version of UltraEdit do you use on which operating system?

Which user interface mode do you use - ribbon mode or toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus or toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus?

Which file tabs / document windows mode do you use - dockable windows or not dockable windows?

Is the docked Find and Replace window closed completely, permanently visible or automatically hidden on pressing Ctrl+R?

Is the Find and Replace window docked on left or on right side of main application window?

Do you have enabled word wrap for active file with Wrap at window edge set and right edge of document window changes because of opening respectively making visible docked Find and Replace window?

Wait: I can reproduce this issue in this configuration. This issue must be reported by email to IDM support to get it fixed in a future version of UltraEdit.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 05, 2018#3

I an using UltraEdit 64-bit for Windows v24.20.0.61 on Windows 7 x64.
        I'll report it as you suggest with all of my configuration information.