Starting in Folder Synchronization Mode

Starting in Folder Synchronization Mode

Nov 05, 2014#1

One of my primary uses for UC is to keep some folders in sync. I use DOpus to show the folders I want to compare and then click on my custom UC button, which loads the source and destination folders in Folder Compare mode. I would like to be able start in Folder Synchronization mode as well, but I cannot find a command line argument for this.

Thanks

Marshall

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 06, 2014#2

Start UltraCompare and configure the folder synchronization you need to run often. Select the folders to synchronize, select the synchronization rule, ...

Then click on Session - Session Properties and enter a good name for this folder synchronization session. Press button OK.

Next use Session - Save Active Session to store that session for re-usage. You can see now the session on tab Sessions on dockable view Explorer & Sessions.

Now you can run from command line or Directory Opus uc.exe with parameter -prf and the name of the session.

Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\uc.exe" -prf "Sync Folder X"

Sync Folder X is the name of the saved session.

It is currently not possible to save a session without specifying the folder paths and specify or overload the stored folder paths with folder paths specified on command line. In other words to use a session just as template to define the mode and parameters, but not what should be compared/synchronized.

See my post on topic How to specify "column range" info for different types of files? containing my feature request sent to IDM support on 2014-08-08. If you would like also such an enhancement, request same feature. The more users request a feature the higher becomes the priority for being implemented.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria