Support for Wiki / textile

Support for Wiki / textile

Arrow01

Aug 31, 2005#1

It would be really nice if UltraEdit could support Wiki syntax (Wikipedia Wiki Markup for example).

With the way the syntax highlighting language works, it is impossible to define braces like '' (italic) or ''' (bold). Same thing with Textile.

And what about making the difference between normal words and CamelCasing with the current syntax highlighting!

I tried several wordfile. Nothing seems to work. Am I mistaken?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 28, 2005#2

I would be interested in wiki syntax in UltraEdit also.

I have seen with some wikis the ability to use a text editor to edit wiki syntax - this would be an excellent feature. I use UltraEdit for my development, why not let it help me document too! :D

NewbieNewbie

Nov 17, 2005#3

I use UEdit my Mediawiki editing. The search and replace features are often very handy. It works great, but I too wish it had syntax highlighting. That would make editing much easier.

I know the aforementioned issues make the current highlighting system not useable for wikis, but has there been any attempts that provide even partial functionality? I have not found any.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 16, 2007#4

Why is there no syntax highlighting for (trac) wiki files?

I have found only this old post (2005) in the forums but nothing else.

:(

Thanks and best regards,
          Hans-Peter

NewbieNewbie

Feb 04, 2009#5

I'm also seeking a wikitext editing solution. Bummer it appears that there is no immediate solution nor follow-up. :-(

NewbieNewbie

May 13, 2021#6

Oh, man. I  showed up here hoping to find a Textile solution. 2005 and 2009 posts make me feel sad.