Title/control bar missing when using minimize on system tray option

Title/control bar missing when using minimize on system tray option

NewbieNewbie

Aug 15, 2018#1

Editor is set to traditional menus (no ribbons).
    Editor is maximized.
    Clicking minimize will minimize to system tray.
    Click the icon in the system tray will show the window again, but the title bar (with the minimize, maximize, close buttons and etc.) is completely missing.
    I have to use the right click in task bar to restore and then maximize again to get them back.
    This does not happen if editor is not maximized. And also does not seem to happen when using the ribbon system.
    Is there an option or some way to fix this?

UltraEdit Text/Hex Editor (x64)
    Version 25.10.0.50

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 16, 2018#2

I could reproduce this issue with UltraEdit for Windows v23.00.0.42 to currently latest v25.10.0.50 with toolbar/menu mode active with either contemporary or traditional menus. UltraEdit for Windows v22.20.0.49 and any former version don't have this issue which is definitely a bug. I recommend reporting this bug to IDM support by email.

The possible workarounds:
      • Do not enable Minimize on system tray (not taskbar) at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Application layout - Window state.
      • Use the ribbon user interface mode.
      • Do not minimize from currently maximized application window, just from normal window size.
      • Increase normal application window size to be more or less the same as when application window is maximized.
      • After wrong restoring to maximized window from system tray click in menu View on menu item Full screen mode (traditional menus) respectively Full screen (contemporary menus) and next on symbol to disable full screen mode to get back maximized application window with title bar and application window frame.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria