UltraEdit 2022.0.0.102 64-bit Function List doesn't show up.

UltraEdit 2022.0.0.102 64-bit Function List doesn't show up.

Apr 29, 2022#1

I have been waiting since the 2022 updates for the function list to come back but it still is not working.  When will that be restored?
    Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 2.48.23 PM.png (97.74KiB)
    Shows just an empty box, no functions listed.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 30, 2022#2

Did you report the issue to UltraEdit support by email?

It is very important to describe exactly the steps to reproduce the display issue and best attach also a backup of your UltraEdit configuration (*.uec file) created with using Backup/restore user configuration. It took me a while to get a wrong display of the Function List as shown in your screenshot. I am not 100% sure yet under which conditions this display issue occurs. I will report the issue also by email to UltraEdit support when I have found that out.

May 08, 2022#3

I found out today after lots of attempts why I saw always an empty function list with using an old syntax highlighting wordfile created by me. There are stripped by default all comments from the file since UltraEdit v24.20 and UEStudio v17.10 before searching for strings to display in the Function List view. The regular expressions in my wordfile search for strings starting in code area and ending in comment area. So no string was found anymore because of all comments stripped.

The solution was adding to the wordfile above first color group:

Code: Select all

/Strip Comments = No
        Then the regular expressions in this wordfile find again the strings to display in the function list view with the part to display found in code area and the entire matched string ending in comment area.

See also the topic Function list ignores block and line comments ... could this be optional?
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria