UltraEdit-32 v11.10 Released

UltraEdit-32 v11.10 Released

Site AdminSite Admin

Apr 15, 2005#1

Hi Folks,

We are pleased to announce that UltraEdit-32 v11.10 has just been released.

This release we believe is significant and is the result of listening to user feedback.

The following features/changes have been made:

- New icons for toolbars/menus. If you select large icons, they are now a little bigger and are the standard 24x24 size.
    - Clipboard conversion on paste of UNIX/MAC/DOS line endings
    - Enhanced "Save As" dialog to allow saving of different types/formats without prior conversion
    - Replace in project files added
    - Check for Updates capability added
    - If you customize the menus and select to use check marks, icons will no longer be shown on the menus
    - Auto detection of UTF-16 Unicode files that do not have a BOM (Byte order Marks)
    - Fixed problems reported

Thanks, Ian

NewbieNewbie

Apr 15, 2005#2

Ian,

I've installed version 11.10, and noticed what I believe is an anomaly.

When multiple files are loaded, and you choose Window and select the number of the window containing the file you want to view, the action has no effect in the editor window.

The "Open File tabs" view does change the highlighted file, but in the editor window, there is no change.

Joe

NewbieNewbie

Apr 15, 2005#3

idm wrote: This release we believe is significant and is the result of listening to user feedback.
        MY RESPECT :!:
        Thank you for always listening us :!:

Partytime.... The new icon set is awesome, it makes UE to the most beautiful women in the editor world.

1+ for the new version! :mrgreen:
        1+ for Service/Support! :mrgreen:

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 15, 2005#4

UltraEdit 11.10, UEStudio 05, brand-spanking new icon set, man, it's good news all around! It's great to know that even after I buy UEStudio, that UltraEdit will live on and keep getting stronger. (For my non-programming writer-friends, UltraEdit is their lifeline.) Thanks for covering all the details in the UEStudio announcement, too!

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 17, 2005#5

I'm probably just missing it, but is the Exit/Close icon no longer available for addition to the toolbar in v11.10?

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 17, 2005#6

rseiler wrote:I'm probably just missing it, but is the Exit/Close icon no longer available for addition to the toolbar in v11.10?
              I have it on my custom toolbar - the toolbar was created in 11.00b but its definitely there. :)

I also wanted to give my thumbs up to the new version. The icons look amazing, and if it wasn't for the main application icon and the document icon (top-left) I wouldn't have known it was UE.

My thanks to both Ian and the icon designers for a job thoroughly well done. :)

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 17, 2005#7

Chris wrote: I have it on my custom toolbar - the toolbar was created in 11.00b but its definitely there. :)
                Hey, I finally found it. :) It's a really long list, and speaking of it, wasn't the list of commands that are already on the toolbar formerly on the right side of the configuration area, with the commands possible to add to it on the left? Now it's the reverse. Perhaps I'm losing it.

BTW, if you answered "yes" to those two questions pertaining to the toolbar when installing 11.1, shouldn't your toolbar have been reset (like mine was)?

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 17, 2005#8

Unfortunately they put icon/command list in right side, something uncommon IMHO. And still doesn't support icon drag&drop. Minor fault though.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 17, 2005#9

Yes, that is unsettling until you figure out it's backwards. Everytime I enter that dialog, I scratch my head and say, "Oh, so THAT'S how it works!"