UltraEdit-32 v13.00 Released!

UltraEdit-32 v13.00 Released!

Site AdminSite Admin

Mar 06, 2007#1

Hi Folks,

We appreciate your interest and support of UltraEdit-32.

Just a short update to let you know that UltraEdit-32 v13.00 is now available.

We would sincerely like to thank all our Beta testers whose feedback greatly contributed to the quality and functionality of the new features in this release.

The changes in this release include:

UltraEdit-32 v13.00 New Features and Enhancements:
    ========================================
    - Integrated scripting support
    - Integrated browser support to show active HTML file
    - Spell check while typing
    - MSI Installer support
    - Search and Replace enhancements:
       - Search in Favorite files
       - Search and Replace will step through all open files
       - Search in Files for any files NOT containing search string
       - User customizable format of Search in Files result
    - Explorer view uses system-registered Icons for file types
    - Ability to define a persistent selection (coming soon)
    - Cursor word-right or word-left to optionally stop at an underscore
    - Syntax highlighting support of verbatim string literals
    - Nested comments for languages
    - Script List view for scripts
    - Express Install for typical installations
    - Prompt before UE is set as View Source Editor during install
    - Option to auto-save modified documents when application looses focus
    - More...

Thanks again for your continued support and interest in our products.

Ian and Team

NewbieNewbie

Mar 07, 2007#2

What is the component that is the basis for the integrated browser? IE or other? Or can it be selected (e.g., Mozilla's Gecko)?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 07, 2007#3

TomH wrote:What is the component that is the basis for the integrated browser? IE or other?
        Internet Explorer! Currently the browser engine cannot be selected, but maybe this comes with a future enhancement.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 12, 2007#4

Vlotsk wrote:What do you mean? Nested comments like
          /*
          line 1
          /* line 2 */
          line 3
          line 4
          */
          still highlighted incorrectly. All those years... :(
          You have to enable nested comments first, add NestBlockComments to the first line of all the syntax highlighting on (ie. the /L1"C/C++" .... line)

There was however a bug with the nested comments, but they fixed it after I reported it and I haven't seen any glitches after that.

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 13, 2007#5

I don't suppose NestBlockComments is available in pre-13 versions, right? Pitty...

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 17, 2007#6

I might have missed reading this, but can the UE v13 trial be installed at the same time as my current UE v12? i.e. in a different directory. At some point I'd like to try v13, but I'd like to play with it on the side.

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 17, 2007#7

toddm wrote:I might have missed reading this, but can the UE v13 trial be installed at the same time as my current UE v12?
                You can test it without having fear to overwrite your existing installation and settings when you install UltraEdit into a different program directory and rename the UltraEdit directory in %appdata%\IDMComp before first start of new UltraEdit.

You should only first export with Regedit the whole registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{43B6667D-7520-4186-B05B-F5C0494C495D}

to a *.reg file before you start the installation of the new version to be able to restore the uninstall values for your current version after uninstalling the new version with a double click on this registry file.

You can do this by running the command:

regedit /e C:\UltraEditUninstall.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{43B6667D-7520-4186-B05B-F5C0494C495D}"

I personally use a different method. I have ALL configuration files (ini, uek, etc.) moved from default user application data directory to the program directory of UEStudio/UltraEdit. Before I install a new version I create a copy of the program directory with all my personal configuration files in the same parent directory, but with a slightly different name. Then I can switch whenever I want between latest or any older version. Bego has written a nice VBS script for that, see evaluate newer version for details. Multiple instances of UE in different directories can be problematic later as discussed at Multiple instances won't disable.
                Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria