UltraEdit template files - move from Windows to Mac

UltraEdit template files - move from Windows to Mac

NewbieNewbie

18:04 - 13 days ago#1

My workplace just moved me to a Mac (Ventura) and I have a subscription version of UltraEdit. I have several templates (for network switches, and telephone systems) that I use on a regular basis.

Is there a way to find them on the old Windows PC and move them to the new Mac?

I found the file UETMPLTE.TPL on the Windows PC which has the templates in it, but it is one big file. Other than taking that file and hand parsing it, is there a way to bring the information into the Mac version of UltraEdit?

Thanks in advance
    Dan

Mofi
    Grand MasterGrand Master

6:11 - 13 days ago#2

The templates can be moved for sure from Windows to Mac. But I don't have a Mac and don't use UltraEdit for Mac for that reason. So I don't know where UltraEdit for Mac stores the global templates. I suppose the templates are stored in a file in the subdirectory in the home directory where the other UltraEdit user configuration files are stored too. I suggest to ask UltraEdit support for help on this task. The active subscription includes help by support of UltraEdit, Inc. It could take a quite long time – weeks or months – before a user using UltraEdit on Windows and on Mac posts here the information you are asking for.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

danratje
      NewbieNewbie

16:57 - 12 days ago#3

Thank you  --- Will contact Support.